The Growth Company Join IEP as Corporate Affiliate Partners
The Growth Company is pleased to join IEP as a new Corporate Affiliate Partner. Our new “In-Work GM” partnership is delivering Greater Manchester’s new devolved Work & Health Programme (Working Well) with Ingeus, as well as Pluss and Pathways CIC. This means our workforce across the partnership will have access to the wider benefits of IEP Membership including access to IEP’s Knowledge Bank and discounted individual Membership. We believe it signals the importance we collectively attach to the professional development of our employability staff – always our most important resource when it comes to impact on customers. These benefits will also be available to the wider Growth Company workforce. We also look forward to being a significant organisational voice within IEP, able to articulate and shape the views of the wider sector on workforce development.
The Growth Company is a not-for-profit (company limited by guarantee) organisation that delivers employment, recruitment, CEAIG, skills, and business support services. Headquartered in Greater Manchester we deliver services across the North of England. Our purpose is to Enable Growth, Create Jobs, and Improve Lives and the values that guide our service delivery are: Make a Positive Difference, Empower People, Stronger Together, Do the Right Thing and Build on Success.
Growth Company Employment delivers personalised vocational rehabilitation and employment support services that enable people with multiple, complex needs to improve their health and wellbeing, to build their employability and career competencies, and to find, secure and progress in meaningful work that pays.
Our current portfolio of employment related contracts includes:
- Work and Health Programme
- National Careers Service
- ESF funded employment and skills contracts
- Local authority/devolved employment and recruitment services,
- Public Health and wellbeing services, including within substance misuse services
- Services for offenders
- Residual Work Programme and Work Choice contracts
We have developed a consistent methodology to drive quality and performance for participants with complex support needs. This includes:
- Co-location with referral and delivery partners
- A willingness to invest in and pilot new approaches to build our understanding of what works
- Building effective relationships with local employers that deliver sustainable job opportunities, as well work placements and tasters
- Work with volunteers to provide mentoring and peer to peer support
- A high performing self-employment offer
- Investment in an award winning social employment agency, Aspire, which focuses on rapid job placement and re-placement for participants in vulnerable sectors/occupations
The Growth Company is a Disability Confident Employer and holds Matrix, Investors in People, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 accreditations. In our most recent Ofsted inspection we achieved Grade 2 (National Careers Service). An experienced Prime Contractor, we achieved Merlin Standard “Good” at our first assessment in 2017.
Having delivered employment related services since 2000, we expect to place our 100,000th customer into employment early in 2018.
IEP Chairman Scott Parkin FIEP said “On behalf of the IEP I am delighted to welcome The Growth Company as our new Corporate Affiliate Partner. Their experience and expertise in improving the lives of those who are often furthest away from employment will be a huge benefit for our Members who can learn and share in their knowledge of how best to support people with complex needs. We look forward to working with them over the coming months and years”.