Building the Next 5 Years
The IEP Board, the elected body that leads the IEP on behalf of its Members and Fellows, is developing a new 5-year Strategic Plan. This plan will see the Institute embark on a range of new and exciting initiatives and further improve those existing services that make a real difference to professionals across the sector, strengthening our offer and delivering even more benefit to our membership, associates and partners.
We want to keep you up to date on our work and the decisions we are making so we will publish a summary in EP after each of our meetings. Last December we met to consider IEP’s business objectives for the coming year.
- We now have a new strapline and vision statement (below)
- We’re getting positive feedback and commitment from our corporate affiliates with Maximus People Services, Parkhouse Bell and Red Cape Partners signed up in just the last few months;
- We’ve agreed to launch a campaign to boost the number of Fellows and to explain more clearly how we select Fellows and the role of the Members and Nominations Committee (MNC) in this selection;
- And we’ve agreed to strengthen our Board this year by bringing two front line delivery colleagues, Alex and Zoe, into our meetings to share their expertise.
We hold elections to the Board each year and expect to have four vacancies this Autumn. Look out for further details in EP later this year and get involved.
'The IEP is dedicated to supporting the people who support others gain work, progress in work and retain work'
Our Vision is to:
- Empower individuals to perform to a professional standard through gaining relevant further knowledge and understanding, building their skills and acting in accordance with the IEP’s stated values.
- Champion employability as a recognised profession through representation of our people’s social and economic contribution and achievements to policy makers and influencers.
- Secure employers’ recognition that their employability objectives are best achieved through a commitment to the development, through selection and training, of a highly skilled professional delivery team.
- Create a network of opportunity enabling this vision to be achieved.
Our 5 Key campaigns for this year will be:
- Individual Membership
- Corporate Affiliate Networking
- Training Programme Delivery
- Raising the profile of the IEP and its Members
We look forward to updating you all on the progress of these campaigns throughout the year. In the meantime, there are many ways in which you can get directly involved so if you want to contribute or just want any more information please contact us at email@example.com